After vanishing for nearly 3 months, 13-year-old Jayme Closs was found protected. Jake Thomas Patterson admitted to kidnapping her after killing her parents, and was sentenced to life behind bars.
Update May 24, 2019: Jake Patterson, 21, was punished to life in prison without parole on May 24, after formerly begging guilty to snatching Jayme Closs, 13, and killing her moms and dads James Closs and also Denise Closs, according to The New York City Times. Jayme composed a declaration about the kidnapping and also the homicide, which was read by her legal representative at the hearing in Barron Area Circuit Court: “He attempted to take me. As well as he really did not care who he killed or that he harmed. He assumed that he might own me, however he’s wrong. I was smarter. He thought he might regulate me, however he could not. He might never ever remove my spirit. He thought he might make me like him. Yet he was wrong.”
Update March 27, 2019: Jake Patterson, 21, begged guilty to two counts of first-degree intentional murder and also one count of kidnapping on March 27, per The Daily Monster, bringing an end to a heartbreaking disaster. Jake admitted to fatally shooting James Closs and his better half, Denise Closs, in their Barron, Wisconsin home on Oct. 15, 2018, before kidnapping their young daughter, Jayme Closs, 13. Barron County prosecutors stated they will drop the theft charge against him, as well as will certainly not submit costs for any type of criminal offenses in Douglas County, which occurred while Jayme was in captivity.
He currently deals with life behind bars, as he forgoed his right to a trial with a guilty appeal. “We represent him, we help him, and also this is what he wants,” his lawyer, Richard Jones, stated in Barron Area Court Wednesday.” [Patterson] has actually wished to go into a plea considering that we satisfied him.”
Initial Jan. 11, 2019: Jayme Closs, 13, went missing October 2018, the exact same month after cops uncovered her parents murdered in their Barron, Wisconsin residence. Nearly three months after she disappeared, Jayme was discovered to life on Jan. 10. Shortly after she was found, the Barron Region’s Sheriff’s Office said a suspect was collared, according to NBC News, and on Jan. 11, the authorities launched his name: Jake Thomas Patterson, 21. As the information bordering this horrible murder and also this girl’s disappearance come to light, here are the information we know about her presumed kidnapper.
1. He was first hung on countless costs. Jake Thomas Patterson, of Gordon, Wisconsin, is being held in jail on two fees of first-degree deliberate homicide of Jayme’s moms and dads, James Closs, 56, and Denise Closs, 46, according to NBC News. He was additionally billed with one count of abduction. Jake, according to the Carron Region’s constable, does not have a criminal history locally or in the state of Wisconsin.
2. The authorities weren’t looking for extra suspects. During the Jan. 11 interview, the authorities said they are not searching for any type of additional suspects associated with this situation. “Jayme was the only target,” the authorities stated during journalism seminar, including that he really did not recognize her parents.
3. The policeman exposed Jake’s identification for the very first time throughout journalism seminar. The globe got its first significant check out Jake when the sheriff revealed his cup shot, exposing a 5’11, balding white man with glasses.
4. He apparently kept her concealed from the public for months. “Jayme was taken against her will as well as ran away from a house in which she was being held,” stated Barron County Constable Chris Fitzgerald at an interview, according to the New York Blog Post. “The subject planned his activities and also took many aggressive actions to hide his identity from law enforcement as well as the public.”
5. Jayme helped the authorities capture him. After 3 months, Jayme instantly turned up at the doorstep of Peter as well as Kristin Kasinskas in Gordon, WI, in addition to one of the pair’s neighbors. Jayme apparently approached a resident who was strolling their canine and also supplied a description of the automobile she ran away from, resulting in Jake Thomas Patterson’s apprehension.
“She type of flung the door open and also stated, ‘Call 911, this is Jayme Closs!” Kristin remembered. “I recognized it was her the second she strolled in the door.”
We’ll continue to update this article with any new info about her supposed kidnapper.